Thursday, August 14, 2008

Finally! I have received my TAA40104 certificate today...

It has been a couple of days that I've been following up DHRCA regarding my TAA40104 certificate and today I've finally got it. Four months ago I'm only dreaming of actually getting to this day to see my name printed on a piece of paper validating my competency in training and assessment under a nationally recognised Vocational Education Training (VET) course.

Looking at all the folders I've compiled and put together over time, I can say that I have accomplished something for myself, learning to organise well, structuring my notes and ideas, including writing journals and blogs. I've also met some great people in the class that inspired and challenge me to finish all the assignments just like when you're back at school in the early days. I've also realised the importance of summarising my notes after the class, saved me a lot of time later on when I'm compiling my Cluster folders. I would say I have improved my note taking and listening skills particularly in understanding the unfamiliar VET concepts and terminologies. As a technical person coming from an IT background, trying to understand the practically of the methodology and approaches used in gathering proof and evidences can be a real stretch to my patience as suppose to just the actual training delivery which I have done many times before.

At the start, I'm a little bit apprehensive on how I can manage my time well and let alone demonstrate competency on this unfamiliar course but after attending the regular sessions every week for 11 days and seeing the motivation from my classmates and teacher, I started to appreciate the learnings and the skills that I can improve in the process. The presentation in front of the class, the planning and facilitation exercises gave me the boost that I need to build confidence and understanding of the concept of the VET framework.

Thanks to Carole Buck (mentor & teacher) and to my classmates for the inspiration to finish!

1 comment:

cbtrainer said...

Huge Conratulations Venjie and best wishes for the future. I just know you will be a fantastic trainer.